Friday, July 5, 2013

My First Race...

So, in November of 2012, I ran my first 5k with my very best friend, practically a sister, April. We ran it in her town, Nacogdoches. This race benefitted CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocates. Woohoo! Since this was both of our first races we did not wear a costume. We just wanted to survive the darn race! LOL!

I had pics of this race but can't find them now! :(

Anyway, our time was around 38 minutes but I can't remember exactly. If I find them, I will add them later....

I can say though, that this race was tough. It really pushed April's and my endurance. It was on hilly terrain through a park and we earned that race shirt! April had trained on a treadmill so was totally unprepared for running on streets/trails. I pushed her pretty hard which in turned meant I pushed myself. We were a great team and were so proud to finish the race!

Thanks for reading!

Jill D.

No comments:

Post a Comment